Seeking Maternity Cover
Learning and Public Engagement Curator:
Starting 23rd November 2020
The Butler Gallery is dedicated to the development of a diverse and accessible Learning and Public Engagement Programme. We aim to make art as accessible to as many people as possible, to provide space for the community to reflect on culture and the issues of our time and to nurture and promote the values of creativity, inclusivity and diversity through all of our activities. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Learning and Public Engagement Curator for Maternity Cover who will manage and deliver our active Learning and Public engagement programme (L&PE).
Responsibilities & Duties
The Learning and Public Engagement Curator will:
- Work with, and report to the Butler Gallery Director.
- Adhere to Butler Gallery Learning and Public Engagement Strategy 2020-2024.
- Be responsible for the management and administration of all aspects of Butler Gallery’s L&PE work including schools programmes, children’s and adult’s art classes, family events, exhibition and collection related L&PE programmes, artists residencies, artist’s talks, guided tour programme, national engagement events and special projects.
- Be responsible for the accessibility programme at Butler Gallery to support people with diverse access requirements.
- Engage widely with diverse communities, through partnership with community groups and support organisations.
- Foster positive partnerships with local authorities, The Arts Council, other arts organizations nationally and internationally, schools, private, corporate, government and funding bodies, and to develop projects where appropriate.
- Be responsible for the financial management and budgetary control of the Learning and Public Engagement programme.
- Augment the L&PE budget by making funding applications to private and public trusts, funding bodies, sponsors and individuals.
- Ensure that the L&PE programming is reflected on the web site and social media channels.
- Ensure effective marketing and promotion of the L&PE programme.
- Manage the Butler Gallery Artists Panel
- Be compliant with Butler Gallery policies and ensure relevant policies are kept up-to-date with procedures and relevant legislation
- Create online L&PE content and resources
- Support the Designated Liaison Person in overseeing Child Protection policies and procedures
- Provide review and evaluations of L&PE programme to Director and Board
Essential skills and experience:
- Relevant experience, knowledge and passion in Learning and Engagement practices within contemporary art galleries and museums.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent administration and project management skills.
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and work flexibly and co-operatively as part of a team
- Experience of speaking in public about modern and contemporary art
- Experience in writing on art and learning/engagement/community work
- Qualification in Education or Community Arts
- Fundraising experience
Please send CV and Cover Letter by 5th October to:
or by post to:
Director, Evans’ Home, Johns’ Quay, Kilkenny, Ireland R95 YX3F
(Interviews to be conducted week of 26th October 2020)
To receive updates about Butler Gallery news, events and opportunties join our mailing list.