Currently Seeking a Marketing Executive
- Location - Kilkenny
- Part-Time - 3 days per week
Located in the heart of Kilkenny city, Butler Gallery is a vibrant contemporary art gallery and museum, in the historic Evans' Home, and offers one of the finest exhibition spaces in Ireland. Butler Gallery is committed to exhibiting the work of Irish and emerging artists, to bringing the work of major international artists to Kilkenny and consistently seeks to promote high artistic standards and the value of visual art to society.
Having relocated to Evans’ Home in August 2020 Butler Gallery is a unique free attraction which is a key component of Fáilte Ireland's Ancient East initiative and Kilkenny’s Medieval Mile. In addition to the historical aspect of the new building Butler Gallery has an important permanent collection which can now be enjoyed by the general public.
Butler Gallery has an exciting new opportunity for a Marketing Executive to join our growing team. The candidate will work proactively with senior management to further raise the profile of Butler Gallery in the region, nationally and internationally and drive the tourism marketing and sales function.
Reporting to the Director this position will suit a creative, experienced, highly organised individual who is resourceful and enjoys working on both traditional and digital marketing and sales activities in a busy environment.
Previous experience within the cultural tourism and / or arts sector is advantageous.
- The main areas of responsibility are to drive and manage tour and group bookings and related events, developing and distributing marketing collateral, content creation and delivery of ezines and conducting market research.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for the arts, have excellent interpersonal skills, event management experience, strong copywriting skills and keen attention to detail.
- Liaise with local, national and international tourism businesses promoting Butler Gallery as a tourist attraction.
- Generate marketing opportunities and sales leads for Butler Gallery.
- Manage tour bookings and liaise with the Visitor Services Team and external suppliers regarding the delivery of bespoke tours for large and small groups.
- Assist with production of marketing materials to promote Butler Gallery activities and events (proofreading, working with printers, etc.)
- Content creation and coordination of Butler Gallery’s online and social media activities, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to promote Butler Gallery as a world class cultural attraction.
- Planning and delivery of advertising and promotional campaigns across radio, print and digital.
- Coordinate the distribution of marketing materials to promote Butler Gallery events and exhibitions (to local businesses, etc).
- Assist at events as needed.
- Design and conduct audience feedback and research.
- Budget management.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience
- Degree in business, marketing or related field
- Experience of the cultural tourism sector
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and time management ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with a good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of engagement with social media platforms, an understanding of developing social media content.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to build trust based relationships
- Proven ability to work effectively with others
- Experience in the use of e-communications systems and content management systems
- Experience working with advertising providers
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to work in a busy flexible work environment
- Flexibility and ability to work remotely
- Ability to manage several tasks and projects simultaneously
- Integrity, honesty, loyalty and a positive outlook
- Team player
- Flexibility regarding work schedule
Closing date for receipt of applications May 28, 2021
Please send CV and cover letter to [email protected]