The Butler Gallery is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Butler Gallery may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy came into effect on the 1st March 2012.
What we collect
When you sign up for our mailing list we may collect the following information:
- name and contact information including email address and phone number
- demographic information such as preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping.
- we may use the information to improve our products and services.
- we may periodically send promotional emails about exhibitions, events, open calls or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or post. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The Gallery uses a Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) system to provide a safe and secure environment for staff and visitors and to protect the Gallery property from loss or damage. CCTV images are retained for 30 days and then destroyed, save for where an incident has been recorded and there is an ongoing investigation of claim arising from it, in line with the Gallery’s CCTV policy.