Become a Butler Gallery Friend and be a part of a world of art and creativity where you are helping to support the visual arts in Kilkenny and Ireland. When you subscribe to Butler Gallery as a Friend, your subscription will be automatically renewed each year. Please note that you can cancel your subscription at any time and you will receive a notification 7 days ahead of your automatic renewal.
Our Friends and Patrons make a huge difference to our organisation and help us to do the work we do through all our activities to support artists and audiences.
Our Patron Loan Scheme is available for individual and corporate supporters and enables our Patrons to enjoy our collection at home or at work.
Click on the boxes below for our Friend Programme support levels and benefits.
Please contact [email protected] or 056 776 1106 for further information about Butler Gallery's Friend Programme.
Give the Gift of Friendship
Give a special person in your life a whole year’s worth of unique experiences they’ll love. Whether they are art dabblers or experts, are passionate about drawing or enjoy being part of a community, they will love being part of a group of like-minded people helping to support Butler Gallery and the visual arts in Ireland.
- All Friends at ambassador level and upwards will be listed on the Butler Gallery Friends and Patrons Board.
- We also offer a concession for individual Friends of €30 for students, artists and senior citizens.
* excludes fundraising events **Patron and Curators’ Circle loans are subject to certain conditions
The Butler Gallery occasionally may need to retrieve work on loan for exhibitions. Artwork retrieved will be replaced by comparable pieces.
How Our Friends Help
From our foundation in 1943 as the Kilkenny Art Gallery Society, Butler Gallery has been at the forefront of visual art in Ireland. With the support our Friends we aim to inspire in everything we do. With invitations to every exhibition and exclusive member events you will be part of a group of visionary group of like-minded art lovers.
When you become a Friend of the Butler Gallery you help us to implement our ambitious and innovative programmes and care for our collection to the highest standard.
In addition to our extensive and important permanent collection of 20th Century Irish Art we present five contemporary art exhibitions annually highlighting the work of emerging and established international and Irish artists and our pioneering Learning and Public Engagement programme brings inspires thousands of adults and school children every year.
By becoming a Friend of the Butler Gallery you will help to:
- Foster and cultivate visual art in Ireland.
- Improve individual well-being by supporting a stimulating and reflective space.
- Bring communities and cultures together through shared projects.
- Strengthen the local economy by supporting an historic free cultural attraction.
- Provide stimulation for innovation and creative thinking.
- Provide positive social impacts and interaction.