INCOMING Booking Information:
This work contains images that may be disturbing to some. Guardians may wish to preview this video in advance of young viewers.
- FREE entry
- Limited capacity
- Booking is highly recommended
- Secure your 1-hour access ticket by selecting a time slot
- Patrons without a pre-booked ticket will have access on a first-come-first-served basis as capacity allows
What to Expect When Visiting
Your safety and enjoyment is our paramount concern.
Admittance to the gallery is limited based on capacity to adhere to Covid-19 physical distancing. Group bookings are available, but limited to groups of no more than four.
We will be implementing all of the HSE protocols for the safety and comfort of all our visitors and staff. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the building.
In line with government guidelines, we ask that you wear a face covering when visiting us.
Please make sure that you check the forecast ahead of your visit and in the event of rain are prepared should you need to queue.
For further information about what to expect please read on.
Entering the Gallery
- We are operating a one-way system please follow the arrows.
- We recommend that you book a ticket/time slot.
- You do need to wear a face mask.
- As we will be operating at a reduced capacity, it may be necessary to queue for a short period at times.
- We may sometimes ask you to wait a few minutes before entering some rooms.
- Please use the hand sanitiser which is available throughout the Gallery.
- At all times, for your safety and enjoyment and the safety and enjoyment of others, please follow the directions of staff, and observe social distancing guidelines.
- You will not be able to enter the Gallery with a suitcase, and you will be asked to remove backpacks and carry them by your side to ensure the safety of other visitors.
- We are not currently offering tours of the exhibitions. Invigilators are available should you have questions about the museum or exhibitions.
- Our audio guides are not currently available.
- Our café is open and has ample outdoor seating.
- Our toilets are single occupancy and are open.
Step Inside Butler Gallery with Pauline McLynn
Join actress and art lover Pauline McLynn on a virtual tour of the Butler Gallery featuring collection highlights and what is currently on offer along with a glimpse of the heritage and gardens of this stunning site.
Monday closed (except Bank Holidays when Sunday hours apply)
Tuesday-Saturday 10.00–17.00 (last admission 16.30 unless otherwise stated)
Thursday Late Night 10.00–20.00 (last admission 19.30 unless otherwise stated))
Sunday 11.00–17.00 (last admission 16.30 unless otherwise stated))