Entry to Butler Gallery Exhibitions are always Free.
Booking no longer necessary except for groups.
For group or school bookings please contact Pauline Swaine, Visitor Services Manager at [email protected] or 056 7761106
Upcoming Ticketed Events:
What to Expect When Visiting
Your safety and enjoyment is our paramount concern.
Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the
For your safety and enjoyment and the safety and enjoyment of others, please follow the directions of staff.
- You will not be able to enter the Gallery with a suitcase, and you will be asked to remove backpacks and carry them by your side to ensure the safety of other visitors.
Guided Tours (Saturday and Sundays at 3pm)
- Butler Gallery offers weekend guided-tours which provide an engaging walk-through modern and contemporary Irish art of the 20th and 21st centuries. Our friendly and experienced tour guides introduce you to the wonderful artworks in both our Collection and O'Malley galleries along with the fascinating history of our Medieval location and refurbished Georgian building. Our guided tours take approximately 1 hour.
More details about our Guided tours is available here.
Audio Guides - Available at Butler Gallery Reception
- Explore Butler Gallery's art exhibitions and our historic grounds at
your own pace with our self-guided audio tours which provide an
excellent alternative to our guided-tours.
Self-guided audio tours are available Tuesday to Sunday during opening hours. No advance booking is required.
Self-Guided Audio Tours Prices:
• English • Irish • German • French • Spanish • Chinese
* Our hand-held devices are sanitised after each use.
€5 per Audio Device
- Our café is open and has ample outdoor seating.
- Our toilets are single occupancy and are open.
Monday closed (except Bank Holidays when Sunday hours apply)
Tuesday-Saturday 10.00–17.00 (last admission 16.30 unless otherwise stated)
Thursday Late Night 10.00–20.00 (last admission 19.30 unless otherwise stated))
Sunday 11.00–17.00 (last admission 16.30 unless otherwise stated))