Entry to Butler Gallery Exhibitions are always Free.
Booking no longer necessary except for groups.
For group or school bookings please contact Pauline Swaine, Visitor Services Manager at [email protected] or 056 7761106
Upcoming Ticketed Events:
What to Expect When Visiting
Your safety and enjoyment is our paramount concern.
Admittance to the gallery is limited based on capacity to adhere to Covid-19 physical distancing. Group bookings are available, but limited to groups of no more than four.
We will be implementing all of the HSE protocols for the safety and comfort of all our visitors and staff. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the building.
In line with government guidelines, we ask that you wear a face covering when visiting us.
Please make sure that you check the forecast ahead of your visit and in the event of rain are prepared should you need to queue.
For further information about what to expect please read on.
Entering the Gallery
- We are operating a one-way system please follow the arrows.
- You do need to wear a face mask.
- As we will be operating at a reduced capacity, it may be necessary to queue for a short period at times.
- For events in the Digital Gallery, capacity is 5 people at any one time.
- We may sometimes ask you to wait a few minutes before entering some rooms.
- Please use the hand sanitiser which is available throughout the Gallery.
- At all times, for your safety and enjoyment and the safety and enjoyment of others, please follow the directions of staff, and observe social distancing guidelines.
- You will not be able to enter the Gallery with a suitcase, and you will be asked to remove backpacks and carry them by your side to ensure the safety of other visitors.
Guided Tours (Saturday and Sundays at 3pm)
- Butler Gallery offers weekend guided-tours which provide an engaging walk-through modern and contemporary Irish art of the 20th and 21st centuries. Our friendly and experienced tour guides introduce you to the wonderful artworks in both our Collection and O'Malley galleries along with the fascinating history of our Medieval location and refurbished Georgian building. Our guided tours take 1 hour.
More details about our Guided tours is availble here.
Audio Guides - Available at Butler Gallery Reception
- Explore Butler Gallery's art exhibitions and our historic grounds at
your own pace with our self-guided audio tours which provide an
excellent alternative to our guided-tours.
Self-guided audio tours are available Tuesday to Sunday during opening hours. No advance booking is required.
Self-Guided Audio Tours Prices:
• English • Irish • German • French • Spanish • Chinese
* In line with CoVid-19 guidelines, our hand-held devices are sanitised after each use.
€5 per Audio Device
- Our café is open and has ample outdoor seating.
- Our toilets are single occupancy and are open.
Step Inside Butler Gallery with Pauline McLynn
Join actress and art lover Pauline McLynn on a virtual tour of the Butler Gallery featuring collection highlights and what is currently on offer along with a glimpse of the heritage and gardens of this stunning site.
Monday closed (except Bank Holidays when Sunday hours apply)
Tuesday-Saturday 10.00–17.00 (last admission 16.30 unless otherwise stated)
Thursday Late Night 10.00–20.00 (last admission 19.30 unless otherwise stated))
Sunday 11.00–17.00 (last admission 16.30 unless otherwise stated))